Job Announcement: Program Director GAIN
GAIN is a joint initiative of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Research Foundation (DFG) and associated members, including the German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe), German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes), the German Rectors’ Conference, the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the Leibniz Association and the Max Planck Society.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and grow the network’s membership base among German early-career researchers in North America
- Maintain and grow relationships with the key partners and actors operating in North America (DFG, Alexander von Humboldt, Fraunhofer, Helmholtz, etc.)
- Organize large scale conferences and career fairs as well as a variety of smaller events
- Liaise between the partners and associated members of the initiative as well as the advisory board
Research and produce content for newsletters and website
- Excellent knowledge of science and research institutions in Germany and in the US/Canada
- Master’s degree, PhD preferred
- Leadership skills and experience in managing a small team, events and budgets
- Outstanding communications skills in dealing with diverse groups
- Creativity, flexibility, willingness to travel
- Experience with public speaking
- Ability to think strategically
- Fluency in German and English, including strong writing skills in both languages; native German speaker preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder (we cannot sponsor visa)
The job is located at the DAAD Regional Office in New York City.
Salary: USD 80.000 – USD 90.000 depending on experience, plus benefits
Applications Deadline: November 1, 2017. An ideal starting date for us would be sometime in November.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Ms. Solveig Berkman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line Program Director GAIN.