The vision of a European University – international research careers in Europe
In September 2017, Emmanuel Macron presents the vision of European Universities, “networks of universities from several European countries […] that create a course of study in which every student studies abroad […]. European universities which are also places of pedagogical innovation and excellent research”. By the summer, there will be 41 networks that are shaping this vision within the framework of a pilot project of the EU Commission. The European Universities are open to a new generation of excellent and mobile researchers and they are building on their innovative strength. In a virtual fishbowl discussion, we will focus on the opportunities that arise for individual research careers. Participants will have the chance to get first-hand information on the networks and ask questions about career paths.
- Prof. Dr. Florian J. Schweigert, Vice President for International Affairs, Alumni and Fundraising, Universität Potsdam, EDUC – European Digital UniverCity
- Prof. Dr. Eva-Maria Feichtner, Vice President International and Diversity, Universität Bremen, YUFE – Young Universities for the Future of Europe
- Dr. Johannes Dingler, Director International Office, Universität Konstanz, ERUA – European Reform University Alliance
- Dr. Frank Petrikowski, Policy Officer, Federal Ministry of Education and Research, European Higher Education Area, Internationalisation
- Moderator: Marijke Wahlers, Hochschulrektorenkonferenz