Diversity and equal opportunities in science and the humanities: strategies and actions of funding and research performing institutions
The promotion of gender equality, diversity and inclusion within science and the humanities is the goal of all funding and research institutions in Germany. In order to bring the potential of all scientists and academics into the research system, and to realise (gender) justice incrementally, the funding and research institutions have and are developing diversity strategies, set up gender-equality programmes and have analysed their portfolio with regard to possible structural obstacles to reduce barriers and increase diversity. The German Research Foundation, the Leibniz Association, the Helmholtz Association, the Fraunhofer Society and the Max Planck Society will present their initiatives and activities related to equal opportunities, diversity and family-friendly framing conditions in research. We are looking forward to a lively exchange with all participants.
- Dr. Sonja Ochsenfeld-Repp, Head of Division, Equal Opportunities, Research Integrity, Cross-Programme Development, DFG
- Dr. Alexandra Schweiger, Leibniz Mentoring | Equal Opportunities & Diversity, Leibniz Association
- Dr. Ines Thronicker, Head of Team Diversity & Inclusion and elected Equal Opportunities Officer, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Helmholtz Association
- Nicole Cumia, Deputy Head of HR Marketing, Fraunhofer Society
- Frauke Logermann, Lead Manager Talent, Gender & Diversity affairs Max-Planck-Society
- Moderator: Veronika Zablotsky, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Sawyer Seminar Sanctuary Spaces: Reworlding Humanism, UCLA Luskin Institute on Inequality and Democracy, University of California, Los Angeles