Career paths within the large research organizations
The four German non-university research organizations offer a wide range of career opportunities. Especially the close networking with universities and with business, civil society and others result in numerous, thematically broad and often permeable career paths. From the classic career with the aim of a scientific leadership position to career paths at research infrastructures, in industry, or in knowledge transfer with business, administration, and politics, the possibilities are manifold. This diversity goes hand in hand with job profiles that are open to different CVs and skills and in some cases increasingly demand such diverse experiences. The aim of this panel is to present such career paths and to discuss them in light of the experiences and suggestions of the participants. The panel is also intended to provide an invitation for individual consultation at the “online booths” of the organizations represented at the Talent Fair.
- Dr. Miguel Haubrich Seco, International Affairs, Leibniz Association
- Alexandra Rosenbach, International Relations Manager, Helmholtz Association
- Nicole Cumia, Deputy Head of HR Marketing, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft
- Silke Weineck, Head of Unit Programs and Networks, Dept. of Human Resources Development and Opportunities, Max Planck Society
- Moderator: Dr. Martin R. Lichtenthaler, GAIN Advisory Board