Members and Partners
The German Academic International Network (GAIN) is a joint initiative of the three major research funding organizations in Germany. With its associated members and cooperation partners, the network covers the entire spectrum of the German research landscape.
GAIN is a joint initiative of
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH),
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD),
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
and receives support from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
Associated members are
- German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe),
- German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes),
- German Rectors’ Conference (Hochschulrektorenkonferenz),
- Fraunhofer Society,
- Helmholtz Association, the Leibniz Association,
- Max Planck Society.
A variety of partners and collaborators from science, industry, and politics regularly support us in our work.