GAIN18 – Research in Germany: Opportunities for Postdocs, Young Investigators, and Junior Faculty in Germany
Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018
2 pm – 3:15 pm
Format: Workshop (conducted in English)
Please register here prior to attendance!
At the heart of Europe, Germany is one of the best destinations for cutting-edge scientific research. Why not consider a research stay or career in Germany starting your independent research group at one of Germany’s leading universities or research institutions, or engage in research cooperation with Germany? We invite international doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers, as well as junior faculty members to join this event to learn about funding opportunities and special programs to foster independent research careers in Germany. All disciplines are welcome!
The workshop is conducted in English and hosted by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), and the German Research Foundation (DFG), and completed by the University of Konstanz and the Freie Universität Berlin.
- Dr. Nina Lemmens, Director North America, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Dr. Rainer Gruhlich, Director North America, German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Dr. Judith Wellen, Head of Strategy Department and External Relations, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Dr. Herbert Grieshop, Head of International Department, Freie Universität Berlin
- Christine Krämer, Exchange Programs Coordinator, University of Konstanz